$425.00* + HST (early Bird)
$495.00* + HST (after Feb 18)
This course is aimed at participants that are currently enrolled to sit in an oral sport medicine exam such as the Canadian Academy of Sport Medicine Diploma exam.
Course Director: Dr Neil Dilworth
To prepare the learner to write the sports medicine exams (e.g. CASEM).
- Conduct practical sport medicine examinations.
- Learn how to take a high yield history and physician examination for a timed examination station.
- Gain emergency skills for field of play injuries.
- Feedback on your performance.
Physicians preparing to write sports medicine exams.
- Small group learning in a simulated examination environment.
- In the morning, learners will review how to take a high yield history and physician examination for a timed examination station. There will be a review of emergency skills for field of play injuries with a practical workshop.
- In the afternoon, learners will participate in a “mock” examination complete with standardized patients, examiners and timed stations. At the end of the day, the faculty will debrief on the station and provide individual feedback for exam preparation.
*Early Bird: $ 70.00 off. 50% of registration fees will be refunded if cancellation is requested 30 days prior to the beginning of the course. Request must be received in writing. Registrations are non-transferable.
Agenda April 1st, 2017
Morning: review of emergency procedures and approach for oral examination.
Afternoon: mock exam with a debriefing for learning principles.