2015-2016 sessions: cancelled
Course Director: Dr Julia Alleyne
Target Audience: Physicians and primary care rehabilitation practitioners
- To provide practising physicians with a practical approach to common MSK problems for diagnosis, early intervention and office based education.
- To enhance the participant’s knowledge of exercise medicine as it pertains to the lifecycle stages, as well as lifestyle disease management.
- To provide interdisciplinary education that will support an effective approach to team management.
- To enhance the physician’s practical skills of diagnostic testing and procedures
This program will allow the participant to develop and pursue clinical practice questions as a precursor to literature searches, research projects and educational interventions.
This course is conducted in an enhanced learning environment that is of greater depth than a continuing education conference, but not as time intensive as a one-year clinical sport medicine fellowship.
Includes certificate from the University of Toronto upon course completion.
This program is approved as a Continuing Education Certificate of Completion. CFPC: 78.5 credits Mainpro-M1 for all 5 weekends and RCPSC:78.5 credits Section-1
Learning Contract, 3 Project Assignment, Self-assessment Tool
September 11-13, 2015: Assessment & Diagnosis of MSK Conditions
November 20-22, 2015: Evidence-based Musculoskeletal management
January 15-17, 2016: Exercise & Sports Medicine
March 11-13, 2016: Acute Musculoskeletal Care
May 13-15, 2016: Chronic Musculoskeletal Care
Download our 2015-2016 MSK 5-Weekend Brochure
*50% of registration fees will be refunded if cancellation is requested 30 days prior to the beginning of the course. Request must be received in writing. Registrations are not transferable. Discount available for some registrant categories, please contact us.
|Assessment & Diagnosis of MSK Conditions||
||High Yield Clinical Exam Workshops||Article Review of Common MSK Treatment|
|Evidence-based Musculoskeletal management||
||Joint Injectionsi.e. Cortisone Injection for Tennis Elbow||Development of a Team Protocol to Common Office Problemsi.e. Back Pain|
|Exercise & Sports Medicine||
||Exercise Testing Workshop||Developing a Patient Exercise Program|
|Acute Musculoskeletal Care||
||Casting and Splinting||Preparation of Poster/Research Session|
|Chronic Musculoskeletal Care||
||EMG Interpretation||Course Evaluation and Personal Practice Planning|
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada –
- 14.5 Mainpro-M1 credits for Weekend 1(September 26-28, 2014)
- 16.5 Mainpro-M1 credits for Weekend 2 (November 21-23, 2014)
- 17.0 Mainpro-M1 credits for Weekend 3 (January 23-25, 2015)
- 16.0 Mainpro-M1 credits for Weekend 4 (March 27-29, 2015)
- 14.5 Mainpro-M1 credits for Weekend 5 (May 22-24, 2015)
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada –
- 14.5 Section 1 credits for Weekend 1 (September 26-28, 2014)
- 16.5 Section 1 credits for Weekend 2 (November 21-23, 2014)
- 17.0 Section 1 credits for Weekend 3 (January 23-25, 2015)
- 16.0 Section 1 credits for Weekend 4 (March 27-29, 2015)
- 14.5 Section 1 credits for Weekend 5 (May 22-24, 2015)